YOU HAVE A SWORD
OR A BUTTER KNIFE?
ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS
FROM THE NIV
Rex L. Cobb-- As seen on Chick
This is one of only two Gospel Tract publishers we endorse
at Balaam's Ass Speaks
I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Answering These From Your NIV
By Rex L. Cobb
Using the New International Version Bible, answer the following questions.
Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take
the answer from the Bible verse (not from footnotes but from the text).
in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies,__________ them that
curse you, ______________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________
and persecute you."
2. According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type
3. According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?
4. According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?
5. In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling
the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the
6. In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to: ____________
7. According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?
to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his
title or last name?
9. In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?
10. In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse,
what did He come to do?
11. In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?
12. According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?
13. In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?
3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this
verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?
15. What happened each year as told in John 5:4?
16. In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?
18. What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?
19. Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.
20. Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief
captain's name? What did the chief captain command?
21. Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.
22. First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning
the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?
the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what
do we Christians do?
24. Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7?
1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first
part of this verse Jesus said, "I am the A______________ and O___________, the
_________ and the _______:"
space is provided for your answers, but it's much more than needed. If you followed
the instructions above, you not only failed the test, you receive a big goose
egg. (Ed. These are all missing in the NIV.) So now what do you think of your
"accurate, easy to understand, up to date Bible"?
If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, you can take
this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible.
P.O. Box 662
Chino, CA 91708-0662
(909) 941-8128 Fax
example of the blasphemy of the New International Version:
KJV-- John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
NIV-- John 14.18 I
will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
There is virtually NO association
between being an orphan and being
without a comforter. This "orphan"
rubbish is a Satanic attempt to drive
the comfort, and the Comforter, from
the Bible. Satan hates your comfort
and your confidence. Why? Answer: He hates
faith and its fruit. The NIV,
and all who sell and promote and preach from
it, are the very best friends
of Satan in the End Times. No exceptions.
TO BIBLE STUDY AND SERMONS PAGE
TO ENTRY PAGE OF THE JOURNAL