YOU HAVE A SWORD
OR A BUTTER KNIFE?
ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS
FROM THE NIV
Rex L. Cobb-- As seen on Chick
This is one of only two Gospel Tract publishers we endorse
at Balaam's Ass Speaks
I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Try Answering These From Your NIV
By Rex L. Cobb
Using the New International Version Bible,
answer the following questions.
Do not rely on your memory. As the
Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the Bible verse (not
from footnotes but from the text).
1. Fill in the missing words in
Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies,__________ them that curse you, ______________
to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you."
2. According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out
this type of demon?
3. According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come
4. According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate's first name?
5. In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they
were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew
27:35 from the NIV.
6. In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power
to cast out demons and to: ____________
7. According to Mark 7:16,
what does a man need to be able to hear?
8. According to Luke 7:28,
what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last
9. In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?
10. In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse,
what did He come to do?
11. In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were
12. According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was
the superscription written?
13. In Luke 24:42, what did they give
Jesus to eat with His fish?
14. John 3:13 is a very important verse,
proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is
the Son of man?
15. What happened each year as told in John 5:4?
16. In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
17. In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?
What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?
19. Write the name of the man
mentioned in Acts 15:34.
20. Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew
have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain
21. Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.
22. First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament
concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?
23. In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ?
And, what do we Christians do?
24. Who are the three Persons of the
Trinity in First John 5:7?
25. Revelation 1:11 is another very important
verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said,
"I am the A______________ and O___________, the _________ and the _______:"
Little space is provided for your answers,
but it's much more than needed. If you followed the instructions above, you not
only failed the test, you receive a big goose egg. (Ed. These are all missing
in the NIV.) So now what do you think of your "accurate, easy to understand, up
to date Bible"?
If you would like to improve your score, and in fact
score 100%, you can take this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible.
P.O. Box 662
Chino, CA 91708-0662
(909) 987-0771 Ph.
(909) 941-8128 Fax
Classic example of the
blasphemy of the New International Version:
KJV-- John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14.18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
There is virtually
NO association between being an orphan and being
without a comforter. This
"orphan" rubbish is a Satanic attempt to drive
the comfort, and
the Comforter, from the Bible. Satan hates your comfort
and your confidence.
Why? Answer: He hates faith and its fruit. The NIV,
and all who sell and
promote and preach from it, are the very best friends
of Satan in the End
Times. No exceptions.
TO BIBLE STUDY AND SERMONS PAGE
TO ENTRY PAGE OF THE JOURNAL