- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WAR ROOM -
STUDY - MORAL
ISSUES - KING
JAMES BIBLE - CULTS
ON WITNESSING TO MORMONS
Before leading a Mormon family to the Lord several years ago, the contacts were many and full of Bible research. Late in the process, the dad was still denying that Jesus pre-existed His nativity in Bethlehem. I showed him the following:
1. Gen. 1:1: "In the beginning God...." God is from the Hebrew word Elohim. The -im ending is plural. Hebrew grammar allows for singular - 1, dual - 2, and plural - 3 or more.
2. Gen. chapters 1 and 11: "Let us...." are words spoken by the Creator.
3. John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." This "him" is the same as the Word in verse 1 who in verse 14 put on flesh and dwelt among us. EVERYTHING THAT WAS MADE, HE MADE IT.
4. Eph. 3:9: "...who created all things by Jesus Christ:"
5. Col. 1:16, 17: "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." Again, this "him" is Jesus Christ.
After pointing out that since Jesus created everything that exists, and if He did not exist prior to His nativity, He would have had to create himself ! ! ! At this point the gentleman gave up doctrinal debates. From this point forward, it was a battle within himself.
an earlier time, with this same Mormon gentleman, he was declaring that hell,
as we teach it, does not exist. I quoted the passage from Luke 16 (KJV). Without
thought, he bleated out, "That's your interpretation." I said, "No. I did not
interpret anything. I just quoted it. Your understanding of the English language
defined the meaning of the passage clearly enough." He sat dumbfounded.