- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WAR ROOM -
STUDY - MORAL
ISSUES - KING
JAMES BIBLE - CULTS
JESUS DID NOT START
5. He did not start making a list of "members" of his movement and make them sign a covenant to file in a file cabinet in the Upper Room.
6. He did not have a door on a building which was a signal to gather, as in, "You should be there every time the church house doors are open." Nor did he put up a church sign with stupid clichés on it every week instead of Bible verses.
7. He did not build a "world headquarters."
8. He did not start a seminary or Bible College, nor did he issue PhDs to the disciples.
Before we go on, look at what Jesus thought of those who obliterate the authority of the Word of God by replacing it with man's traditions:
Revelation 3:17 (KJV) Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Mark 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
9. Jesus did not arrange for some disciple to always introduce him and
brag on his resurrection before he appeared to people.
Grab hold please. No profanity, no cussing, no bashing the walls or busting your wife pottery. Let me say this..... If this video reminds you of The Lord Jesus Christ of Galilee, you are a two penny four flushing piece of horse manure from the stinking end of the pasture my friend, and I say that, as always, in good Christian charity:
10. Jesus did not take an offering or hold a "faith promise" giving promotion.
He did not teach tithing, nor did the Apostles after him.
11. He did not send out the disciples as traveling evangelists, doing one night stands, living off of the offering plates of local churches, selling his CDs, and leaving their wives and babies at home half starved while they watched Greek peep shows at the Three Taverns.
12. He did not make any rules about who could remember his death at the Lord's Supper or who could hold the bread and drink the cup. Now did he designate which way the leaders would face when praying, nor which way to walk around and around the altar mumbling to themselves. Indeed, the early church had no altar at all.
13. He did not tell anyone on which day of the week to meet and remember him.
14. He did not organize a mission board or non-profit corporation.
15. He did not start a publishing house.
16. He did not start a Sunday School or buy 70 camels to bring kids into Jerusalem to rallies.
17. He did not appoint a chairman, president, moderator, monsignor, cardinal, or Pope. You see, there are no Robert's Rules of Order in the New Testament to take the place of the Holy Ghost.
18. He did not designate robes or ecclesiastical clothing for the apostles.
Ain't that bishop cute in his frock with his ladylike nanny at his right hand?
19. He did not draw up a creed nor call a church council to rule on a doctrinal statement. Nor did he write up a covenant that new church members had to sign. HE was the New Covenant in person. A creed, added to the canon of Scripture, would have implied that the Word of God is NOT sufficient, "that the man of God may be throughly furnished unto all good works."
20. He did not call up an ordination committee to ordain the Apostles.
21. He did not hold a revival meeting "under the big tent in downtown Opandopolis."
22. He did not make a "Jesus Movie" or a "Passion" movie.
22.5. He did not appear on Trinity Broadcasting Network and sit and glow while Paulus Crouchus schmoozed him and exalted him.
23. Jesus did not sell a big red book called "Basic Youth Conflicts," and he
did not run around promoting "Purpose Driven Synagogue."
24. Jesus did not buy a three piece robe set from Babylon, wear a ring from his synagogue rabbinical school, or buy a two farthing mail order doctorate from a Greek in Jerusalem based on his "work experience" serving Jehovah.
25. Jesus did not move his crucifixion from Wednesday evening to Friday evening to accommodate the Roman Catholics and Fundamentalists. Nor did he move the Last Supper to Thursday evening to accommodate the Lutherans (Maundy Thursday).
26. Jesus did not move Resurrection Sunday to Easter to accommodate the Roman Catholics and the Fundamentalists.
27. Jesus did not invent church pews so that Bible believers for 2000 years would have to look at the backs of one another's heads.
Grandma was shocked to see that the members of the Body of Christ actually had faces.
28. Jesus did not give one altar call, nor did Peter, Paul, or any other Apostle, "with every eye closed and every head bowed, no one looking around please."
29. Jesus did not advertise in the Yellow Pages to convince all the religious losers in Judea to believe his church "had something for everyone."
30. Jesus did not hang out in an office in the temple "getting my sermon ready" while the disciples floundered spiritually and vocationally (fishing) out on the lake. (POW !! Gotcha, slow belly!)
31. Jesus, before or after his resurrection, never gave any saint the TITLE Father, or Reverend. These two are official titles of the Roman Whore and have been adapted by Fundamental Bible believers. Jesus often rejected titles given him. No one but God is to be called "Reverend." Psalm 111:9
31. Neither Jesus nor any of his Apostles had a deep need to start a ministry to troubled women. Nor did they age grade ANY of their effort. They targeted the men in the home, and the Moms and kids followed.
32. Jesus did not make one food law, nor did his Apostles other than to forbid eating blood. That includes laws about wine. None! Solomon's cautions still apply of course. Paul suggests people with stomach trouble take a little wine, and that was alcoholic if it was going to work.
33. He did not, not even once, stand in front of his beloved friends, his sheep, and yell, yea even scream, "GET RIGHT" or "YOU'RE WICKED"!
34. He did not say, "Jesus loves you" when he stepped through the wall to first visit the disciples. He said, "Peace be unto you," and then he showed them his hands. He wanted them, first and foremost, to see that the price for their sins and condemnation had been paid. He was coming to collect what he died for-- the disciples. ONLY AFTER THEY SAW THE PRICE HE PAID, did they fully understand how much Jesus DID love them. (John 20:19-20)
35. Jesus, who, before his death and resurrection said," Matthew 5:11 (KJV) Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake," did not change the message to, "Come to Jesus, and your life will be fulfilled, and all your problems will be solved." Nor did he build a Crystal Cathedral and stand up in a high pulpit, spread his arms, and, with a cute seductive grin, sweetly coo, "You........ Have......... Possibilities. You must learn to love yourself first."
Do you have a "tradtion of men" to add-- one which Jesus did not do?
SEND IT BY EMAIL
ON THE OTHER HAND,
WHO DID JESUS TRUST TO GET IT RIGHT?
He gave them the New Testament which is all the standards you need.
The Holy Ghost--
Jesus sent him to teach us all things.
He gave them to teach wives everything they need to know about Christian life.
Jesus gave kids Christian Moms to teach them all that Daddy found in the Bible. Mike Pearl is NOT to be the standard for a Christian home, unless you want a Christless loonie bin. Mike Pearl NEVER talks about how God trains his children-- it is all about how the Amish train their kids and thier mules (which is why Amish mules are so smart, and Amish kids are so stubborn). The Amish are more pagan than Hindus and Ubangis. I know Amish people who had to literally flee from the nice people the Pearls exalt in order to keep their sanity and faith in Christ.
Jesus gave the Church older women to teach the younger women.
Any church where the pastor teaches the younger women ANYTHING is a hell hole and whore house. Pastors have wives and older woman to do that. A pastor with a "ministry to women" is running a whore house.
Pastors, Evangelists, and Teachers--
But, all they are authorized by him to do is minister (that is "serve" in the original Greek), and edify the saints. None of them were commissioned to rule anything or anyone. Jesus said he would do that himself just fine.
Jesus did not need Bill Gothard, Rick Warren, nor Joel Ostee, he did not need Clyde Narramore, Dr. Dobson, Purpose Driven Cheese, Emerging Blather, Promise Creepers, Michael and Debby Pearl, Bible colleges and seminaries, nor any other late great addition of human effort.
FURTHERMORE; preacher, your standards be damned ! !
Jesus did not want them, and they are blasphemy of the Word of God himself, who is all sufficient that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Regarding "Our Standards" or "Traditions of man"
Over the past 1900 years plus, all church movements have added "traditions of man" to the truth found in the New Testament. The Acts and Epistles were intended by God to be sufficient that the man of God might be "throughly furnished unto all good works."
(II Tim. 3:17)
Like the Pharisees added the Mishna-- modern church "standards," to Moses' law, Catholics, Reformed churches, all the way to the most narrow Fundamental King James Version ONLY Bible believers, have added and added and added. With very few exceptions, they find ways, like the Pharisees, to claim their traditions are planted solidly on the foundation of the Epistles. Yet all these modern traditions do ONLY the following: Matthew 15:6 (KJV) And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
By making the Law of Moses "of none effect," every soul winner who actually tries to win souls the way Jesus and Paul did, by first making them a sinner in their own eyes, must start out with "God loves you." This means absolutely nothing to unsaved men. Psalms 19:7 (KJV) The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
This results in people betting "saved" for what THEY can get out of it, not for what JESUS can get out of it, his reward for dying on the cross.
THESE MODERN ECCLESIASTICAL SNOBS LIE.
They live for their traditions, and they proclaim the New Testament in the context of their traditions with tricks and twisting of the context to make the plan work. The end of the Age of Grace will be marked by spiritual nakedness. But, by calling men to their traditions.... Matthew 23:15 (KJV) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
I am convinced that all of the "standards" preachers in this world are damned to hell, especially if they refuse to preach book by book through the Bible. A Pastor's Conference where the theme is "Baptist Standards," officially or by content, is not a whit more useful than a devil dance in the Congo. In fact, it is far more deadly, for the saint who can discern a devil centered event is easily deceived into getting serious about an event where the Bible is waved around while the real message is "standards."
WHY ARE CHURCHES FULL AND GROWING WHILE, AT THE SAME TIME, THOUSANDS OF OTHER SAINTS FLEE TO THEIR HOMES TO HIDE FROM "CHURCH?"
Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Are YOU a naked Christian keeping "standards" and traditions to give you confidence? Or, in the Emergent Church, you have advanced to abandon "standards," and you now preach.....
The Gospel of Rick Warren and the New Spirituality:
"Exodus 32:3 (KJV) And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.
4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt."
Read it again please. Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
You preachers are the worst-- "knowest not..." That is your state. You do not even know what an offense you are and how utterly naked you are in the light of the doctrine of the Apostles. Let me be the brat kid who does the unspeakable, that which you faithful dumb lambs will not do..........
"The king's got no clothes...."
Oran was my mechanic. He owned a small auto repair shop in Midtown, Tennessee, and he also had a great zeal for the Lord. We were talking about the way the Lord's Church has been affected much these days by evil. His analysis was bluntly simple:
"There are three things that are wrecking the Lord's Church--
Education, Traditions of men, and fables."
No one has ever said it any better.
Let us consider these deadly qualities of modern church:
Olan went on to say that the kind of education he meant was the kind that made men proud and eager to ignore the Word of God.
1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
Knowledge does NOT promise edification. Indeed, the vast majority of the time, knowledge leads men to hell. In the 50s, it was just the Liberals who feasted their souls on education. Today, it includes most Fundamentalists.
Education is the fetish of pagans who play church. They follow their college and seminary PhDs like the Africans follow a little bird through the forest and make life decisions based on the every move of the little bird. The American birds are just a lot bigger and wear three piece suits.
TRADITIONS OF MEN
Jesus accused the Pharisees of adding their traditions to the law of Moses.
Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Jesus was not talking to Philistines-- he was talking the the Fundamentalists of his day, the Pharisees. Traditions are never made to stand alone. No one wants to have to defend traditions alone. So, the traditions are founded on the Word of God and are added to it. The Pharisees claimed to be defending Moses' law as they added thousands of appendices from 2000 years of traditions. Believers today feel intimidated by self-assured pastors who tell them that the traditions are not there to replace the Word of God, they just make church life more orderly. That is the very same logic the Pope uses, and the same game the Pharisees used.
2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
If your ways and standards are not grounded on literal texts from the New Testament, especially the Epistles, you are as wicked as the Pope. Let me illustrate with a tradition which virtually ALL Fundamentalists teach and defend-- church membership on a man's list. It is NOT found in the New Testament, and ANY way you defend it is a pack of lies. You know it, you may even be self-conscious about it, but you are a WIMP for not dealing with it. There are hundreds more traditions your observe also.
1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
May I suggest that we all boldly confront preachers to prove their traditions are founded in Apostolic teaching from the Epistles? Let's start with tithing.
1 Timothy 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
Are Fundamental Bible believers guilty of teaching fables? One sex pervert from Hammond said that every man of God needs a second woman in his life, and he had one. One man in Texas says that the preacher should be consulted when a couple wants to have another baby. A large group of Baptists tell us that they are the official Bride, and anyone else will be their servant in heaven. How is this different from the teaching that the righteous will have 70 virgins in Paradise, a la Mohammed? There are other fables too-- these are the lies about how many souls got saved and how many were baptized.
One preacher told me that he was casting a devil out of someone, and the devil would not talk. So, some unseen force started forcing the man to nod his head yes or no to my friend's questions. He asked the person who was forcing his head to nod, and the man said, "Michael." My friend went into fits of awe and asked if he meant Michael the Archangel. The man said it was. My preacher friend, a Fundamentalist, still believes he was visited by Michael the Archangel. How is this different from Veronica Leukin, the diddle head Catholic mystic from Bayside, NY, who claimed to see visions of "Our Aquamarine Boy" Michael and Mary?
There are the Charismatic fables about Muslims having visions of Jesus appear to them, gold dust falling from heaven, and Jesus taking the guru to heaven and having a water fight with him in the River of Life. There has never been a time in Church history, like now, when your could start a fable, take a patent out on it, and have a following of thousands believe you. Sell the book rights to Zondervan, and you can retire.
Oran, my friend, you have got it pretty much on target. Education, traditions, and fables. And, what follows is a church that is poor and blind and naked-- the preacher has no clothes.
Revelation 3:14 (KJV) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
May I suggest you print this and hand it to your pastor next Sunday?